Friday, May 10, 2013

Me is Cat

My unconventional self portrait, “Me is cat,” was such a joy to write; I had lots of fun. I found that the words just flowed out of me effortlessly as if I was breathing. I wrote it in a total of seven minutes and I was so relaxed in that moment, I felt like a lazy cat without a care in the world, hence “Me is cat.” Though it could be more personal, my unconventional self portrait accurately reflected me in that moment in time, and I feel a cat reflects my personality well, for when I was younger, my life goal was to become a cat.


Meow I is a cat

Stretching my feline spine

Do you dare wake my slumber?

You shall suffer

the wrath of my evil eye

Stop with your incessant hurrying

Know I never run

only saunter

For my life is that of ease

and tranquility

Nothing can rock my ship

Shower me with affection

Cherish my presence

As I swagger across you

teasing you with the tickle of my tail

They call me boring

But I couldn’t care less

I am happy with who I am

You have no power over me

Meow, I is a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment